Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vegan MoFo #2: Green Smoothies!

Perfect in the morning, for a wake-me-up/perk-me-up breakfast (bye-bye coffee)!

Perfect for an in-between snack (and healthier than all the processed snacks out there)!

Perfect for you, for me, now, later, anytime. Simple. Delicious. And so good for you.  I mean,

it's GREEN.

Here's my green smoothie for the day:
  • Kale
  • Carrots
  • Blueberries
  • Banana
  • Cucumber
  • Coconut water
  • Ground flaxseed
  • Throw 'em in the Vitamix and let the green magic happen.






          = 




What's your favorite green smoothie recipes?
 


All the best and yummiest to you.



3 comments:

  1. Your smoothie sounds great. Mine are a bit more simple. My favorite breakfast smoothie is spinach, blueberries, water, and cucumber. If I have time I prefer to make a nice juice but I feel like I am wasting so much removing the veggie pulp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what's so great about green smoothies! You find your favorite green, load it up, toss in a favorite fruit, and you're pretty much set. I like playing around with different varieties.

    I'm excited to have a juicer sometime in the near future - I understand the feeling of wasting with the pulp. Obviously, whole fruits and veggies are best for us. That's why I love smoothies - seems like it's the best of both worlds, I guess. I'm sure the pulp could be used for something... hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very new to this but could you tell me how much of each item?

    ReplyDelete