Thursday, October 4, 2012

Vegan MoFo #4 - My Favorite Bean!

There are many types of beans.  I did not know in 5th grade, when, for United Nations Day - representing Kuwait - my group made hummus for our food to bring in, that I would fall in love with the beans we used to make this hummus.  These delicious, tasty, filling garbanzo beans.

Chickpeas.


They are my go-to.  Chickpeas in salads, chickpeas in soups, chickpeas in pasta, chickpeas on their own.  Chickpeas in their alter ego form, hummus.  Creamy, protein-packed, and fun to play with.

I love chickpeas so much that on several occasions I have dipped a chickpea in hummus.  And then ate it, of course.  I'm not the only one who loves chickpeas.



Chickpeas are so delicious, even my cat, Jumper, loves them.  He may love them even more than me.  I won't roll over for them; he will.  



What's your favorite bean?


All the best and yummiest to you.


3 comments:

  1. Chickpeas are my favorite bean too, by the way jumper is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you - I love chickpeas. I could (and do...) eat them every day and never get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! Jumper, you continue to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete