Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vegan MoFo #5: SunCafe is all it's Cooked up to be. Here's the Raw scoop.

When I am in the mood for some delicious food, when I want a tasty treat, when I need some fuel & energy after a strenuous, grueling 10K Gladiator Run, I know I'm in good hands when I find myself in an eatery voted Best Raw Food Restaurant in Los Angeles and 3rd Best in the World (BestOfRaw.net, 2011).  There's only one place that holds that honor & title - that's SunCafe.

On their About page:

SunCafe is dedicated to serve healthy, organic, exceptional tasting meals full of vibrant flavors. We hope to change the way you think about food in general. Our restaurant doesn't fry it, kill it, overcook it, we just give you exceptional tasting food that's healthy for you!

Featuring both raw and cooked organic cuisine from pizzas to salads to burgers and sandwiches to juices and shakes, SunCafe has a fresh, scrumptious take on our favorites.  Almost every menu item has a raw option, so, depending on your mood, you can get q
uinoa pasta or Zucchini "noodles;" you can get nachos with baked blue corn chips or jicama slices.  Or, if you're a "best of both worlds" person, you can get them half & half, like I did.  Nuts and seeds become the creative foundation for many meals (load on the cashew cheese!), and SunCafe adds extra pizzazz with SunChorizo (spicy!) and Garlic Pecan Crumble (mouthwatering...).  

Of course, you should wash everything down with a Sweet Kale Shake or a Lemon Ginger Blast or Cacao Superfood Shake.  Which is exactly what I did.  Here's my menu (shared amongst friends and family):







The Biscuits and Gravy was delectable and very comforting.


The Sun Nachos provided the jam-packed flavor with a much lighter feeling in my belly (I totally dug the jicama chips.) Holy moly, guacamole.




The Fiesta Burger couldn't fit in my mouth until I jimmied it open two more inches.  My taste buds said thank you.


The Sweet Kale Shake soothed my mind, body, and spirit.  Only four ingredients needed to do so.  Read ingredients above.



I love food.  Food loves SunCafe.  Therefore, do I love SunCafe? Be it science, intuition, mathematical law, or yum-yum-yummy in my tummy feelings, the answer is yes.  I love SunCafe.  Now you should go love SunCafe too.  Throw in 3711 Cahuenga Blvd., Studio City, CA 91604 into your GPS and go.  Bring your appetite.  You're in good hands.


All the best and yummiest to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment