Asking someone for help can be a fearful experience. I always remember the joke/stereotype of the guy who'd drive his family around, in circles, all over the place, lost while on their way to vacation instead of pulling over to ask someone for directions.
There's a certain pride to doing everything yourSelf. To knowing, or thinking you know, everything yourSelf. Asking for help means you're not almighty, you're not all-knowing, you're weak. Asking for help means you're not worthy.
Now you may read the above paragraph and think "that's ridiculous!" But, for many, it's true - or made to be true. Whether consciously or unconsciously, asking for help is most often related as a sign of weakness, of vulnerability. And, sure, while the process of asking for help may be a vulnerable request - someone could say "yes," but someone could also say "no" and what would that mean? - I've learned it actually relates a lot more to a greater strength, willingness, and acceptance that can only benefit the connection between people and toward one's Self.
How excited have you been in the past to be able to help someone with a request or a favor? What have you, as the Giver, gotten out of that experience? Whatever feelings you've experienced have placed you in the Receiver role too - allowing the person who received your gift to give back an intention, a compliment, thanks, etc., and you the benefit of receiving in addition to giving.
You see the amazing circle/cycle in action? This is the Law of Abundance. The more you strengthen it, the more expansive your opportunities to both give and receive become. There's immense joy and reward in giving and receiving. Reciprocation has always been a treasured value of mine, and it's proven to be rewarding in so many ways for the people I've helped and the people who have helped me. Asking for help is a courageous act and answering that call is the quickest way to Abundance. Do you want Abundance in your life?
You may or may not know about my Reiki Certification Retreat fundraiser. If not, take a quick gander at the link. You can read about my passion, connection, and desire to make this experience a reality and the many ways you can both help by giving and benefit by receiving a gift of greater value, at the same time. (Gifts to you include coaching, Reiki, promoting/blogging, and other services.)
I'm reaching out to you with a Connective Giving & Receiving Experiment. You are my many friends, family, Ahimsa Lifers, and other acquaintances - you total in the thousands (maybe tens of thousands, who knows!) - with this amazing world of online connections and social media in which we live. Here's the experiment:
- I know this experience will be tremendously valuable to me - to my spirit, my growth as an individual, my growth as a coach, my growth as someone who provides service and help.
- We've been connected, most likely, by birth, blood, play, school, business, a common passion or pursuit or philosophy. In at least some way, we both believe in each other, support each other, respect each other, love each other.
- I am asking each and every one of you for your help and would love to initiate the cycle of Giving and Receiving with you. (Check out Unity, Caring, Kindness, and Friendship!)
- If everyone could help me in even the smallest way by contributing at least $1, those dollars would add up to provide me with this opportunity to explore, discover, experience, and reciprocate value to others. 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 ... and so on makes a difference.
- In doing so, you'd be a part of such an incredible supportive and helpful whole without going beyond your means or negatively affecting yourSelf.
- If you cannot give at least $1, or are choosing not to give at least $1 for your own valuable reasons, there are no worries or disappointments. Your energy and support is very much appreciated and helps too.
This Connective Giving & Receiving Experiment allows for many opportunities and greater Abundance for both mySelf and for You. Give to Receive. Receive to earn opportunities to Give. And continue. If you are open to it and willing to participate in it, this is one of the greatest gifts life can provide.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you will participate in Giving & Receiving with me. I am grateful for you. Please believe in me.
I'll leave you with a few quotes from Rumi, whose words I love, and you may love also:
"And still, after all this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth, 'You owe me.' Look what happens with love like that. It lights up the sky."
"What you seek is seeking you."
"Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond."
"Give up to grace.
The ocean takes care of each
wave 'til it gets to shore.
You need more help than you know."
"Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames."
"Give your weakness to one who helps."
"You must ask for what you really want./ Don't go back to sleep./ The door is round and open./ Don't go back to sleep."
All the best and yummiest to you.